What is 4U-SSL?
4U-SSL is a well developed, robust, commercial-grade, full-featured toolkit for implementing the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL v2/v3) and Transport Layer Security (TLS v1) protocols as well as a full-strength general purpose cryptography library.
E-commerce secured by SSL in about ten minutes…for less.
4U-SSL is greatly unique, is that 4U-SSL gives you the software for creating the SSL certificates and managing them, not even Verisign does that, and we do this for a lot less! Also 4U-SSL has strong SSL cryptography, which is better cryptography then Verisign — all for less than what you'd pay for some other SSL solutions. And unlike other products, you don't have to wait days.
Advanced authentication technology that's ours alone.
4U-SSL assures online visitors that credit card account numbers and other confidential information cannot be viewed, intercepted or altered. And because our automated authentication system is the most advanced in the industry, your customers and trading partners can be sure that 4U-SSL web server certificates are only issued to fully authorized recipients.
The program is a command line tool for using the various cryptography functions of 4U-SSL's crypto library from the shell. It can be used for:
o Creation of RSA, DH and DSA key parameters
o Creation of X.509 certificates, CSRs and CRLs
o Calculation of Message Digests
o Encryption and Decryption with Ciphers
o SSL/TLS Client and Server Tests
o Handling of S/MIME signed or encrypted mail
- Perl 5
- ANSI C compiler
- development environment in form of development libraries and C header files
- StuffIt Expander 5.5 or later, alternatively MacGzip and SUNtar
- Scriptable Finder
- CodeWarrior Pro 5
- ActiveState Perl (required for Cygwin)
- Visual C++ or Borland C or GNU C (Cygwin or MinGW)
- Windows 95/98/NT (see windows), Unix (see unix]
- Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++ 3.0
- wcecompat compatibility library (www.essemer.com.au)
- ceutils for running automated tests